Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by COFFMAN Steven <SC...@CBSINC.com> on 2000/12/05 18:11:21 UTC

Anoncvs, FOP

Hi,
	Any idea when Batik will be accessible via anoncvs? For one thing,
the symbolic link in /home/cvspublic to /home/cvs/xml-batik is missing on
locus. I'm not sure what else is necessary.

I and the other FOP developers have been privately discussing how to allow
Batik to convert SVG to PDF. Unless I'm greatly mistaken, SVG doesn't really
have any concept of a page, so any resulting PDF would be scaled to fit a
single page, right? (barring turning animations into flipbooks, I guess).

What do you think about us creating an external interface to FOP that
accepts either a DOM or a GVT representation of the SVG to be converted and
returns a stream of the resulting single page PDF document? That way all the
existing FOP PDF render code doesn't need to be duplicated in Batik.

Do you mind terribly if we ask some stupid SVG questions here from time to
time?
-Steve