Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andryan <sp...@makeworld.net> on 2004/12/16 12:49:26 UTC

spamd with vpopmail config

Hello list,

I noticed there's a possible bug in SA when running with vpopmail config (-v
flag). I did spend some time googling but couldn't find any solution (yet).
My spamd runs with flags "-d -v -u vpopmail", when invoking spamc in
maildrop, I use "spamc -u email@address". If the email address supplied to
the u flag exists, it will check for that vpopmail user's user_prefs and
create its stuff if they don't exist. However when that email address does
NOT exist, it will create "no such user email@address" in the homedir of the
user spamd's child processes are running as. I don't think spamd should do
this, logging to syslog would be sufficient.
Could any SA expert confirm this issue as feature or bug? I have seen some
people who experience the same problem on Google and Qmail-Scanner mailing
list.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Andryan