Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shilpa Nalgonda <sn...@mypublisher.com> on 2004/11/23 22:35:06 UTC

Does Tomcat Rollback transactions automatically.

Hi ,

I am using Tomcat 4.1.30, and using datasource to get the Connection from
Pool.
When there is an exception  in the database operations, the trasaction is
supposed to rollback.
Is it automatically performed in Tomcat?

Re: Does Tomcat Rollback transactions automatically.

Posted by Ronald Klop <ro...@base.nl>.
Do not mix webserver and database logic.
Tomcat does only webserving.

Ronald.

Posted by Sharad Ramadas <sh...@gmail.com>.
no it doesn't automatically rollback. You will have to use the
rollback method of the connection object.