Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/03/15 23:58:49 UTC

Re: jdbc vs jdbc2 packages

Frankly, during these two a couple of day I had a chance to play with Web Console and Ignite JDBC driver.

As many other users I referred to JDBC documentation in order to setup the driver properly. However, then due to the recently reported issue I fell back to JDBC v 1 (thin client based):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4829 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4829>

I was amazed how swift JDBC v 1 and sluggish JDBC v 2 which is default. Unfortunately, JDBC v 1 doesn’t support DML this is why I had hard time finding out a workaround for IGNITE-4829. But, in any case I fully support reincarnation of JDBC v 1.

*Val*, as one of the most experienced folks who participated in this discussion, would you mind wrapping the discussion up in a form of a ticket listing the design proposal?

—
Denis

Re: jdbc vs jdbc2 packages

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.