Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Sylvain Baubeau <bo...@glumol.com> on 2011/12/01 02:20:17 UTC

Filtered replication performance

Hello list,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any answer
on the list.
If you consider the case of a user that replicates a very small subset -
through replication filters - of a huge database for offline use and who
periodically restarts the replication process to fetch the updates -
still filtered.
As parameters can be passed to replication filters, my understanding was
that CouchDB had to go through all the changed documents and apply the
filter on it. But with a database that has changed a lot since the last
replication (and maybe other users replicating), would it still work
efficiently ?

Thanks

Regards,
Sylvain Baubeau