Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ekoje ekoje <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/24 15:01:25 UTC

Query pdf, etc..

Hi Guys,

I would like to add a new button on my webpage to make an adanced search
using the keywords.
Once the user will click on it it will search for keywords only in the
different PDF/WORD or Excel document indexed.

Do you know how i can filter/limit my search on PDF/WORD/EXCEL documents ?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Query pdf, etc..

Posted by Lourival Júnior <ju...@gmail.com>.
You can use the plugins index-more and query-more to create a field on your
index indicating the file type of the document. So, in you search you can
use "type:pdf" or "type:msword" to filter these files. I used nutch 0.7.2 to
make it work...

Regards,

Lourival Júnior

On 4/24/07, ekoje ekoje <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I would like to add a new button on my webpage to make an adanced search
> using the keywords.
> Once the user will click on it it will search for keywords only in the
> different PDF/WORD or Excel document indexed.
>
> Do you know how i can filter/limit my search on PDF/WORD/EXCEL documents ?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Lourival Junior
Universidade Federal do Pará
Curso de Bacharelado em Sistemas de Informação
http://www.ufpa.br/cbsi
Msn: junior_ufpa@hotmail.com