Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com> on 2005/09/21 22:34:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Getting Alert on apachectl start preventing Apache2 from starting

I'm getting the following error when I try to start up my apache server:

[Wed Sep 21 15:19:41 2005] [alert] (EAI 7)No address associated with
nodename: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "pod.local"
Configuration Failed

How can I correct it, or troubleshoot why it's happening even.

I'm using Apache2 on OS X 10.3.9 with perl 5.8.7 / MP2

Thanks,
Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com

Re: [users@httpd] Getting Alert on apachectl start preventing Apache2 from starting

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 9/21/05, Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when I try to start up my apache server:
>

> [Wed Sep 21 15:19:41 2005] [alert] (EAI 7)No address associated with
> nodename: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "pod.local"
> Configuration Failed
>
> How can I correct it, or troubleshoot why it's happening even.

The easiest solution is likely to just remove mod_unique_id (find the
associated LoadModule line and comment it out).  You probably have no
need for that module.

If you do, in fact, need mod_unique_id, then you should take a look at
/etc/hosts (or wherever OSX keeps host info).  There seems to be some
inconsistencies there that prevent apache from reverse-resolving your
specified local hostname.

Joshua.