Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by anasmughal <an...@yahoo.com> on 2010/11/10 17:41:46 UTC

Re: T5 Working Tapestry Hibernate with DAO.

I see you are using "HibernateSessionManager" instead of "Session" object in
your DAO.

Is it better to use HibernateSessionManager?

I would like my methods to automatically commit.

Thanks.
--
Anas Mughal
http://anas-mughal.com

Re: T5 Working Tapestry Hibernate with DAO.

Posted by Rich M <ri...@moremagic.com>.
Not sure exactly what you are responding to, but..

to automatically commit from your DAO methods check out the section
about Committing Changes and the @CommitAfter annotation on this page:
http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/tapestry5/tapestry-hibernate/userguide.html

You should be able to use @CommitAfter to automatically commit
Transactions in your DAO methods, and it will rollback Transactions when
the DAO method throws a runtime exception.

As for HibernateSessionManager and Session object, I believe it would be
the better strategy to use the HibernateSessionManager to manage your
Hibernate Session and Transaction objects. This is what the
Tapestry-Hibernate module is using, so you'll be better off getting the
Session from it, and using its commit(), abort(), etc methods (if you
don't use the @CommitAfter annotation) to allow it to manage the
Transaction for you.

Hope that helps,
Rich