Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Axel <ax...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 16:37:11 UTC

Math parser available in commons?

Hi

Is there already a math formula parser available in Commons?
Or is this out of scope for apache commons?

I've written an operator precedence driven parser which could be more
generalized to be useful for commons math!?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operator-precedence_parser

--
Axel Kramer
WikiBlog: http://www.groovy-news.org/e/page/axelclk

Re: Math parser available in commons?

Posted by Axel <ax...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 30, 2008 9:45 AM, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> Axel a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > Is there already a math formula parser available in Commons?
>
> I don't think so.
>
> > Or is this out of scope for apache commons?
> >
> > I've written an operator precedence driven parser which could be more
> > generalized to be useful for commons math!?
>
> This is interesting. Could you open a JIRA ticket for this ?
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH
Done:

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Axel a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Is there already a math formula parser available in Commons?

I don't think so.

> Or is this out of scope for apache commons?
>
> I've written an operator precedence driven parser which could be more
> generalized to be useful for commons math!?

This is interesting. Could you open a JIRA ticket for this ?
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH

Thanks
Luc