Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Trakhtenberg, Victor" <Vi...@adc.com> on 2001/04/05 15:41:27 UTC

how to unsubscribe this list?

Hello!
Does anyone how to unsubscribe this list?
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
but this didn't work I still get those mails.
Thank you in advans.

Re: how to unsubscribe this list?

Posted by Bo Xu <bo...@cybershop.ca>.
"Trakhtenberg, Victor" wrote:

> Hello!
> Does anyone how to unsubscribe this list?
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
> but this didn't work I still get those mails.
> Thank you in advans.

Hi :-)  I am not sure,  from a email, I suggest you check that if you use
the
same email address to subscribe/unsubscribe? if they are different, perhaps
you can not unsubscribe. just my guessing :-)

Bo
Mar.05, 2001

RE: how to unsubscribe this list?

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Jason Izatt wrote:

> Are you sending the unsubscribe email from the email account for
> which you are subscribed? If you're reading/sending your mail from a
> central address to which all your aliases (the one for this list,
> for example) are forwarding, then the mail list won't recognize the
> unsubscribe because it will be coming from a different address than
> the one subscribed with.

And you can look at the Return-Path: header to tell what address you
are subscribed from.  For example, the Return-Path: for me for the
message I'm responding to is:

tomcat-user-return-30023-mepstein=uiuc.edu@jakarta.apache.org

And the address I'm subscribed from is mepstein@uiuc.edu (so looks
like they change the "@" to an "=" in the address).  It looks like the
number there (30023) might be some kind of message number for posts to
the lists, because it varies for each message I get from the list (and
it's consecutive for all the recent posts I'm going through now).

Once you know what address you are subscribed from, you can use that
to unsubscribe.  I don't know the exact format for specifying that is.

Oh, here's something I pulled out of the intro message I got when I
subscribed to the list (it's a good idea to save such things):

  You can start a subscription for an alternate address, for example
  "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your address (with '='
  instead of '@') after the command word:
  <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

  <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

  In both cases, I'll send a confirmation message to that
  address. When you receive it, simply reply to it to complete your
  subscription.

  If despite following these instructions, you do not get the desired
  results, please contact my owner at
  tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org. Please be patient, my owner is
  a lot slower than I am ;-)

So that shows how to unsubscribe for a specific address different than
the one you receive mail at.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu

RE: how to unsubscribe this list?

Posted by Jason Izatt <ji...@ibtraining.com>.
Are you sending the unsubscribe email from the email account for which you
are subscribed? If you're reading/sending your mail from a central address
to which all your aliases (the one for this list, for example) are
forwarding, then the mail list won't recognize the unsubscribe because it
will be coming from a different address than the one subscribed with.

Jason S. Izatt
Software Engineer
ibtraining.com
220 West 540 North