Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/01/22 02:52:11 UTC

AddModule, etc (was: Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server config.c)

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 01:02:28PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > If we could... that would be great. And re: your STATUS change: yes, I'd
> > > think that both AddModule and ClearModuleList would go away. With the hook
> > > and handler ordering, I wouldn't think there is any more reason to need to
> > > use AddModule to "establish an ordering [of modules]".
> >
> > Making the API change now.  I think you are correct about AddModule, so it
> > will go away later today.
>

> Ohh,  just thought of something else though.  Let's assume we are on
> Windows, where we distribute a binary with a lot of modules
> installed.  With out ClearModuleList and LoadModule, all of those modules
> are always active.
>
> Will, any feelings about this?

Those are all built as DLLs, so a LoadModule must be added to make them
active.

Hmm. I thought they were... I don't see LoadModule lines for many of the
modules in httpd-win.conf.

Personally, if somebody builds a binary with everything built in, then I'd
say they should all be used. That's why they were built :-)

[ and if you're doing it for convenience, then switch to shared modules ]

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/