Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Shay Hatsor <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/10 18:28:14 UTC

Zookeeper is integrated with Microsoft Project Orleans

hi guys,

I'm excited to inform you that I have integrated my ZK C# client(
ZOOKEEPER-2209 <https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/31>) with
Microsoft's Project Orleans. <https://github.com/dotnet/orleans>
We wanted an alternative to Azure Table for managing servers state in
Orleans. the idea was to use zookeeper. i tried to find a stable C# client
that is 3.4 compatible (for the "multi" support). There wasn't any. so I
ended up reconverting the entire java client codebase.
Today, Microsoft has accepted my PR!
making ZooKeeper is the only open source alternative to Azure.

It is great to be able to contribute to this great project.
you guys rock!

shay hazor

Re: Zookeeper is integrated with Microsoft Project Orleans

Posted by Shay Hatsor <sh...@gmail.com>.
hi alex,

Everything is well documented in the issue:
https://github.com/dotnet/orleans/issues/382 and the PR:
https://github.com/dotnet/orleans/pull/493
the protocol implemented using zk is documented here:
http://dotnet.github.io/orleans/Runtime-Implementation-Details/Cluster-Management.html

zookeeper is a perfect fit for orleans, so the integration code is short
and sweet.

shay

Posted by Shay Hatsor <sh...@gmail.com>.
I meant that on Jun 1 i have created:
PR : https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/31
JIRA : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2209
and for the code in the PR, I've created a nuget:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/ZooKeeperNetEx
which is integrated with the release version of Microsoft Project Orleans.

just wondering if i can speed up the process of my PR.

thanks

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Shay,

Posted by Shay Hatsor <sh...@gmail.com>.