Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Magnus Runesson <ma...@linuxalert.org> on 2012/08/16 19:53:39 UTC

Recommendations on documentation of data model?

I have started designing a data model/schema for a new application that
will use Accumulo as data storage. I am looking for a good way to
document my model in a way that makes it understandable for other
developers that will use the same data in the future.

Does anybody here have good experience how to do it?

My first thought was using a spreadsheet just listing and describe the
combinations of Family, Qualifier and requirements on the values.

Regards,
/Magnus

Re: Recommendations on documentation of data model?

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there more of these "hidden" presentations about Accumulo?
>
> This is a good stuff.

I've tried to collect links here: https://accumulo.apache.org/papers.html
but I've undoubtedly missed some.  There are more in afuchs' slides
directory.

Billie

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Magnus Runesson <ma...@linuxalert.org>.
Thanks! Both your and Billies answer have given me some inspiration.

/Magnus

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Magnus,