Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by erj35 <er...@yale.edu> on 2011/11/03 22:47:01 UTC

Re: facet with group by (or field collapsing)

I'm attempting the following query:

http://{host}/apache-solr-3.3.0/select/?q=cesy&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&group=true&group.field=SIP&group.limit=1&facet=true&facet.field=REPOSITORYNAME

The result is 4 matches all in 1 group (with group.limit=1).  Rather than
show facet.field=REPOSITORYNAME's 4 facets, I want to see the
REPOSITORYNAMES facet with a count of 1 (for the 1 group returned) with the
value of the REPOSITORYNAMES field in the 1 doc returned in the group. Is
this possible? I tried adding the parameter collapse.facet=after, but that
seemed to have no effect.

Re: facet with group by (or field collapsing)

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.
collapse.facet=after doesn't exists in Solr 3.3. This parameter exists
in the SOLR-236 patches and is implemented differently in the released
versions of Solr.
>From Solr 3.4 you can use group.truncate. The facet counts are then
computed based on the most relevant documents per group.

Martijn

On 3 November 2011 22:47, erj35 <er...@yale.edu> wrote:
> I'm attempting the following query:
>
> http://{host}/apache-solr-3.3.0/select/?q=cesy&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&group=true&group.field=SIP&group.limit=1&facet=true&facet.field=REPOSITORYNAME
>
> The result is 4 matches all in 1 group (with group.limit=1).  Rather than
> show facet.field=REPOSITORYNAME's 4 facets, I want to see the
> REPOSITORYNAMES facet with a count of 1 (for the 1 group returned) with the
> value of the REPOSITORYNAMES field in the 1 doc returned in the group. Is
> this possible? I tried adding the parameter collapse.facet=after, but that
> seemed to have no effect.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen