Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/19 19:23:39 UTC

Comments field vs moving focus: tab vs ctrl+tab

Hi,

Every JMeter component has Name and Comments.
"Comments" is a multi-line field (which is nice for writing comments), but
it does not play well with moving focus via tab and shift+tab.

If you hit `tab` inside Comments field, then you just add a tab character
(like an indentation).
Of course, there's a way to move focus, and it is ctrl+tab and
ctrl+shift+tab, however, it looks weird for me.

Does that make sense?
Frankly speaking, I think using tabs for indentation inside Comments field
is an edge case, so I would suggest we re-configure `tab` meaning for
Comments field.

Any thoughts?

Vladimir

Re: Comments field vs moving focus: tab vs ctrl+tab

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Like Brian I think we don't do it for code editors.

Antonio

Posted by Brian Wolfe <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,