Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/23 15:56:36 UTC

Preparing for the new release branch 10.04

Within the end of April (i.e. before April 30), unless objections are raised, I am going to create a new release branch named "release10.04".
From this branch we will create (creating tags over time) all the official releases (approved by public vote) that will start by 10.04: initially they will be "alpha" releases (probably named 10.04.RC1, 10.04.RC2 etc...) but they will be named 10.04, 10.04.01, 10.04.02 when they will become stable.
The first vote to officially release the first alpha release, 10.04.RC1, will probably happen in early May (just the time to fix the more evident bugs and make sure there are no license issues).

The important thing to consider at this point is that no new features (just bug fixes) will be committed in the branch 10.04: if you want to include new features (e.g. executioncontext etc...) you have one more week to go (if we will stick to this plan).

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Re: Preparing for the new release branch 10.04

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I won't have time to get the security redesign merged into the trunk. Go
ahead and proceed without it.

-Adrian

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
In my opinion, it depends if it's only localisation (in labels files) or need changes in code.
The 1st case would be ok, because no really new features wold be introduced and it's easy to check with the Label Manager
For the 2d it seems that it breaks the rule

Jacques

From: "chris snow" <ch...@gmail.com>

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me. Please proceed.