Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/20 17:25:15 UTC

Constantly have to reboot CPVM

CS 4.1.1, XCP 1.6. The top menu bar paints, but the kvm window doesn't
until I reboot, then it's fine for a period of time, then rinse and reboot.
Any known issues with CPVM, or what logs I need to look at?

Regards,

Kirk Jantzer
http://about.met/kirkjantzer

RE: Constantly have to reboot CPVM

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
If its CPVM you reboot, you can see the logs under /var/log/cloud on CPVM host.

Network/Firewall test:
I would also try to run "watch 'netstat -antup' " for any timed out and or connections that fail to establish.

Iptables test:
Also, as a test, stop iptables on cpvm and see if it helps.

Reverse Arp Test:
One other thing I would do to rule out network connectivity, on CPVM, initiate a continuous ping to cloudstack mgmt. server, or any other host few hops away, wait for 30 minutes or whatever it takes to fail and try again. This test will rule out  reverse arp issues.

Let us know how far you get.

Regards
ilya

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.