Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Adam Welch <ad...@epok.net> on 2005/06/28 21:45:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Makefiles in subprojects have non-overridable install paths

Hello.  I have httpd-2.0.54 source and am building on MAC OS X Tiger.
Here is what I have done...

1.  ./configure --enable-layout=RedHat
2.  vi srclib/apr-util/Makefile, where I see that libdir is set to
"/usr/lib"

Now, I'd like to "make install prefix=/tmp/foo" (building an RPM), but
this won't work, since libdir is not $prefix/lib or some such.  Now, if
I "make distclean" at the top, then cd apr-util and do a configure
(after configuring apr, yes, and using --with-apr=), then the resulting
Makefile has libdir set to "${prefix}/lib", which I what I want.

So, can the gurus tell me if I am missing something or if this is a bug
(in my understanding?)?  I am not familiar enough with the tools and
sources to know.

Regards,
Adam

[users@httpd] Re: Makefiles in subprojects have non-overridable install paths

Posted by Adam Welch <ad...@epok.net>.
Actually, all the config.layout files' RedHat stanzas read like this...

    prefix:        /usr
    exec_prefix:   ${prefix}
    bindir:        ${prefix}/bin
    sbindir:       ${prefix}/sbin
    libdir:        ${prefix}/lib

..., but in the resulting Makefiles, ${prefix} has been replaced by
/usr.  To my (naive) eye, the config.layout files appear correctly
parameterized.

Regards,
Adam

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.