Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by andreina <an...@huawei.com> on 2012/05/04 10:19:29 UTC

query regarding balancer

Hi All,

        I started NN and  DN1 with replication factor = 1,  blocksize=
default

Pumped 4 GB of data

Then started DN2 and issued balancer with threshold value 1

In code MAX_NUM_CONCURRENT_MOVES in one iteration is hard coded to 5.

But still In one iteration more than 5 blocks is being moved from DN1 to
DN2.

Could someone clarify if my understanding is correct or not.

If it is so then is this a bug.

Thanks in advance
Huawei Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
Level 3,4 &5 Leela Galleria, The Leela Palce
23, Airport Road, Bangalore - 560008

 <http://www.huawei.com> www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by

Re: query regarding balancer

Posted by Ravi Prakash <ra...@gmail.com>.
I would think its a bug if at any datanode more than 5 blocks are being
moved at any time for balancing. How're you checking how many blocks are
being moved?