Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by James Maes <jm...@sportingnews.com> on 2001/10/11 20:43:41 UTC

OT : VM's

I know this is now WAY offtopic, but we were almost there so...

Does anyone know of objective performance comparisons between different
virtual machines.  The only thing I can find is from 1999.

I would also be interested in what the populous of this list thinks and is
using.  We are on Linux / Intel so that is what I am looking towards.

Thanks and sorry about the OT post.

--

------------------------------------
|| James Maes
|| Senior Programmer
|| jmaes@sportingnews.com
|| The Sporting News
|| www.sportingnews.com
------------------------------------

"given enough time and resources we can accomplish anything"

Re: OT : VM's

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
Try this: http://www.volano.com/report-2000-12-05/

IBM wins hands down.

Bojan

RE: OT : VM's

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
I liked the O'Reilly book on Java Performance Tuning

Published in September 2000, it had some comparisons of the different JVM's
available at that time.

WILL

--

|| James Maes
|| Senior Programmer
|| jmaes@sportingnews.com
|| The Sporting News
|| www.sportingnews.com

"given enough time and resources we can accomplish anything"