Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by César Álvarez Núñez <ce...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/16 15:28:49 UTC

All zk clients receive a Disconnected when leader server is restarted.

Hi all,

For testing purposes I've excluded the "leader" from the zk client
connection string; and I've observed that all zk clients receive a
Disconnected event when the leader server is restarted.
Is it the expected behavior or I've missing some configuration?

BR,
/César.

Re: All zk clients receive a Disconnected when leader server is restarted.

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.
Yes, that is expected. The ZK cluster will lose quorum, which causes the
disconnected event to be sent to the clients. When quorum is regained the
clients will be able to reconnect.