Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Java Newbee <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/09 19:43:07 UTC

Unable to get tomcat default page

When i am not connected to internet, i get the default Apache
Tomcat homepage after succesfully starting the Tomcat server.
However, once i get my internet connections enabled, I am
unable to get the default Apache Tomcat home page.

I tried to change the port 8080 just incase it was being used
by some other application when i get connected to net. But it
doesnt solve my problem. Can anyone please help me. I am
new at java and tomcat and hence would request a detailed
solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance

Re: Unable to get tomcat default page

Posted by Hadraba Petr <ha...@bluetone.cz>.
Hmm,

you are running Windows, don't you? Windows XP!

It looks like a firewall issue... Try to enable the port 8080 for
localhost---sorry, I'm not Windows Firewall expert...

Have a nice night

PETR

--
Petr Hadraba