Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Luca Martini <l....@list-group.com> on 2012/10/02 12:56:42 UTC

Re: Whether to use Queues or Topics.. ? [continued]

On 02/10/2012 12:43, Sajith Kariyawasam wrote:

> I realize that if one node(say node1)  reads the message from the queue,
> the message is gone, so that the other nodes (node1 and node2) will not be
> notified..

Sorry, I may have pressed the key combination for send :-)
This is the full message.

You can open a queue in browsing mode.

See
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.18/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/section-addresses.html#id2512294
for an example

In this way, when a node reads from a queue, the message stays in the
queue. Other nodes can then read the same message.
Since you mentioned that nodes may be offline, you have to handle
duplicates. Moreover, I don't know about the message rates and size, but
you have to take into account the memory used by the queue on the broker.

Regards,
	Luca

--
Luca Martini