Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Markus Havemann <m....@gmail.com> on 2008/11/25 21:22:00 UTC

Xalan and Symlinks

Hello

beginner needs help:

I'm using Xalan C++ v1.10 on Ubuntu Linux, calling it form the command
prompt.

The problem is, that whenever I use symlinks, Xalan doesn't read these
files. This happens both when xmlSource or xslStyleSheet is a symlink
and also when some file referenced by xslStylesheet by the xsd:include
commando is a symlink.

How do I make Xalan recognize and use symlinks just like regular files?

Thanks for your help
Markus Havemann

Re: Xalan and Symlinks

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Markus Havemann wrote:
> Hello
>
> beginner needs help:
>
> I'm using Xalan C++ v1.10 on Ubuntu Linux, calling it form the command
> prompt.
Is this the version that is packed with Ubuntu, or are you building your
own?  I can't reproduce this on Ubuntu 8.04 with either the Ubuntu
packaged version or the head of the repository.

> The problem is, that whenever I use symlinks, Xalan doesn't read these
> files. This happens both when xmlSource or xslStyleSheet is a symlink
> and also when some file referenced by xslStylesheet by the xsd:include
> commando is a symlink.
>
> How do I make Xalan recognize and use symlinks just like regular files?
This shouldn't be a problem, because Xalan doesn't do anything special
with symlinks.  Are you sure the files are accessible?

Dave