Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Williams <ch...@cisco.com> on 2001/04/17 17:52:56 UTC

Followup: WAR deployment with JSP's

I keep seeing in these posts that any support classes should be jar'd up and
placed in the lib directory under WEB-INF.  Does the jsp engine also look
there??  I keep getting errors when processing my jsp saying it can't load
the class.  Should this setup work???
Thanks
Chris
Posted by Sam Newman <sa...@stamplets.com>.
3rd party libs (e.g. xml parsers etc) should be placed in the WEB-INF/lib
directory. But this is valid jar files, not simple classes. If you have your
own classes, or even other peoples, unpacked and not in a jar form, put them
in WEB-INF/classes (remembering to mirror thier package in the directory
structure under classes).

So if I had a support class call com.mycomp.UserValidator.class, I would put
it in WEB-INF/classes/com/mycomp/. If I had a jar file I use called
validator.jar, it would be in WEB-INF/lib

Hope this helps,

sam