Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vlad <vz...@verizon.net> on 2002/06/30 18:54:44 UTC

URGET - NEED HELP

I can't seem to get tomcat to run as a standalone web server. I have a
webapp that is almost entirely dynamic so I do not want to use the
apache/tomcat combo, I just want tomcat. I have two nics in my system, a
public and a private one (this box also functions as a NAT server) when
I configure tomcat to run on port 8080 then everything is fine, but when
I tell it to run on port 80 then I can only access the webapp from
within the private network (even if I use the public ip) but I can't see
the webapp from the public network. I tried telneting to port 80 from
the public network and it connects but when I do "GET /" (which normally
returns something) I get nothing, I looked at the tomcats access logs
and it doesn't have an entry for these requests. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
- THIS IS REALLY URGENT

RE: URGET - NEED HELP

Posted by Vlad <vz...@verizon.net>.
I haven't installed any firewall software and my iptables script looks
something like this.

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -F INPUT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -F OUTPUT
iptables -P FORWARD DROP
iptables -F FORWARD
iptables -t nat -F

iptables -A FORWARD -i $EXTIF -o $INTIF -m state --state ESTABLISHED,
RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i $INTIF -o $EXTIF -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -j LOG

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $EXTIF -j MASQUERADE

Do you have any firewall software running like black ice?  Software like
that will give you the same results as you described.

I can't seem to get tomcat to run as a standalone web server. I have a
webapp that is almost entirely dynamic so I do not want to use the
apache/tomcat combo, I just want tomcat. I have two nics in my system, a
public and a private one (this box also functions as a NAT server) when
I configure tomcat to run on port 8080 then everything is fine, but when
I tell it to run on port 80 then I can only access the webapp from
within the private network (even if I use the public ip) but I can't see
the webapp from the public network. I tried telneting to port 80 from
the public network and it connects but when I do "GET /" (which normally
returns something) I get nothing, I looked at the tomcats access logs
and it doesn't have an entry for these requests. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
- THIS IS REALLY URGENT

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---