Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alessandro Ferrucci <a....@corp.aol.com> on 2008/03/28 16:29:20 UTC

file system repo not work

Hello,

I have the relevant pom snippet below.  The problem is really with the
eclipse plugin.  The plugin reports not being able to download the 2
dependencies entity-client-1.0 and newsml-2.0.0.jar which are in my
sandbox in the following location:

/home/ferucci/europa_workspace/photos/

This used to work on my macbook (which died last week :) ), but on my
linux box it does not.

Eclipse complains of now being able to download the 2 given
dependencies, but when I build with maven, it builds just fine and the
jar gets downloaded in my local repo (from my sandbox).

what could be wrong with eclipse? what are some debugging tricks I can
try out with the maven eclipse plugin?

thanks

alessandro ferrucci

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>com.aol.pubt.photos.common</groupId>
    <artifactId>Photos</artifactId>
    <name>photos</name>
    <version>0.0.1</version>
    <description>DPIS</description>
    <build>
        <resources>
            <resource>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <directory>src/main/resources/</directory>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/myconfig-ingestor.properties</exclude>
                    <exclude>**/log4j.properties</exclude>
                    <exclude>**/telescope.xsd</exclude>
                    <exclude>**/newsML.dtd</exclude>
                    <exclude>**/xsl/*.xsl</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <directory>etc/</directory>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/*</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <directory>release/</directory>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/*</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </resource>
        </resources>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.5</source>
                    <target>1.5</target>
                    <createChecksum>true</createChecksum>
                    <updateReleaseInfo>true</updateReleaseInfo>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>
    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>local sandbox repo</id>
            <name>DPIS Commons Sandbox repo</name>
            <url>file://${basedir}/release/lib</url>
        </repository>
    </repositories>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>