Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Wojciech Jaworski <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/11 12:45:33 UTC

SOLR problem with full-import and shards

Hi,

I built an Apache SOLR cloud (version 4.7.0) with 3 shards. I chose
implicit routing mechanism while creating new collection (one shard per
month, fields with date format yyyyMM use as shardId). I configured
DataImportHandler with database as a data source.

Finally I run full-import (data from 3 months is present in database) on
the shard leader of first month's shard. Although I received success
message on the web page, the data on the first shard was indexed only (data
from first month which is ok; the data from other two months which should
come to other two shards was nowhere indexed.)

I checked logs and spotted hundreds of errors:

WARN  - 2014-04-11 10:55:33.921;
org.apache.solr.update.processor.DistributedUpdateProcessor; Error sending
update

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Bad Request

request: http://
<IP-OF-FIRST-SHARD>:<PORT>/solr/trans_implicit/update?update.distrib=TOLEADER&distrib.from=http%3A%2F%2F://<IP-OF-OTHER-SHARD>%3A<PORT>%2Fsolr%2Ftrans_implicit%2F&wt=javabin&version=2

        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer$Runner.run(ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer.java:240)

        at

        at

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Can anyone help? I would very appreciate for any suggestions.

Regards,

Wojtek Jaworski