Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@apache.org> on 2006/11/21 10:32:13 UTC

missing announcement on announce mailing list

I sent a note to announce?apache.org a week ago to announce Tuscany's SDO
Java M2 release.  I have just got back the  following message

>Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
>announce@announce mailing list.
>
>I'm sorry, the list moderators for the announce list
>have failed to act on your post. Thus, I'm returning it to you.
>If you feel that this is in error, please repost the message
>or contact a list moderator directly.

but I don't know who the moderators are.  Can someone help please?

Regards, Kelvin Goodson.

Re: missing announcement on announce mailing list

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 11/21/06, kelvin goodson <ke...@apache.org> wrote:
> I sent a note to announce?apache.org a week ago to announce Tuscany's SDO
> Java M2 release.  I have just got back the  following message
> [...]
> but I don't know who the moderators are.  Can someone help please?

I'm now one of them. You can try resending the message.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 11/21/06, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/21/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > probably short of moderators. any member can volunteer to be added.
>
> I'd like to volunteer. Where do I sign up?

cool :-)

general infrastructure list

- robert

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 11/21/06, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/21/06, kelvin goodson <ke...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I sent a note to announce?apache.org a week ago to announce Tuscany's SDO
> > Java M2 release.  I have just got back the  following message
> >
> > >Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
> > >announce@announce mailing list.
> > >
> > >I'm sorry, the list moderators for the announce list
> > >have failed to act on your post. Thus, I'm returning it to you.
> > >If you feel that this is in error, please repost the message
> > >or contact a list moderator directly.
> >
> > but I don't know who the moderators are.  Can someone help please?
>
> I experienced the same with the Apache Jackrabbit 1.1 release. I tried
> contacting announce-owner@, but that didn't help. Can someone here
> point to the right direction? Otherwise we need to escalate to
> infrastructure@.

probably short of moderators. any member can volunteer to be added.

in the medium term, IMHO we need automatic moderation for posts signed
by apache committers.

- robert

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,