Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Petar Bozhidarov Penkov <pp...@stanford.edu> on 2016/08/10 15:24:30 UTC

TS-110 && PR - 848

Hello,

I am writing in accordance with the referenced Pull Request and JIRA issue.
I am proposing adding a parameter @pparam=host / @pparam=no-host to the
regex_remap plugin to allow matching against the host field as well. A rule
with the host parameter would be the same as before but prepended with
"//host", for example:

^//host/path?query=winky

The host parameter is turned off by default and the argument on IRC was
that this restores most of the now-gone "full-url" parameter, while
allowing for more flexibility, and for future inclusing of an
@pparam=scheme. Furthermore, it does not hurt in any way the users who are
not using this and therefore it is in no way a negative change, while it
provides a necessary escape mechanism.

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-110
PR: https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/848

Thank you for your time and consideration! Please let me know if you have
any questions.
Yours Sincerely,
Petar Penkov