Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Andrew Marlow <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/17 15:22:25 UTC

How to get a JIRA account prior to creating a PR

Hello everyone,

I have a fork of avro for a change I want to make to avrogencpp. But before
I create the PR I see that I need to raise a JIRA for the change. I found
my way to https://infra.apache.org/jira-guidelines.html#who where it gives
the general procedure for getting a JIRA account to contribute to apache
projects. But I can't see anything on the avro-specific web pages so I am
not quite sure what email address to use to ask for an account. I have
tried private@avro.apache.org. We'll see what happens. Maybe the page
https://avro.apache.org/community/ could be improved to specify the email
address to use for asking for a JIRA account for avro contributions.

Andrew Marlow
http://www.andrewpetermarlow.co.uk

Re: How to get a JIRA account prior to creating a PR

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrew,

Either here or private@avro.apache.org is fine!
We didn't receive anything from you at private@ yet!
Please send: userid, display name and email address.

Martin