Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com> on 2006/03/26 06:35:56 UTC

3.0.4 Release Status

I've gone through looking at what will be included in a 3.0.4 release as
well as what issues were opened against 3.X and resolved in 4.X (to see
what might need fixes in 3.X as well). If anyone knows of changes to
what's below, please let me know. If this looks realistic, I'll at a
minimum put the "Resolved for 3.0.4" section into the status.xml
(hopefully the "Patch Supplied - awaiting resolution" section as well).

I'm quite sure the following will go through with screwed up formatting
- - if anyone has a) a problem viewing it and b) a better way to get the
info across, let me know. (pretty sure attachments are filtered)

3.0.4 Release Issues

  Patch Supplied - awaiting resolution
[TAPESTRY-215]   ValidField should not use client-side javascript if
disabled                    Framework       Bug             In Progress
[TAPESTRY-300]   Bug in external jsp tag
                         Web             Bug             Open

  Resolved for 3.0.4
[TAPESTRY-39]    READONLY attribute in TextField component
                         Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-63]    When using the K-Meleon browser a page not found is
displayed for the tapestry  Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
                 home page
[TAPESTRY-64]    Allow template parser to support jwcid which declares
both component and        Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
                 content
[TAPESTRY-109]   cycle.activate() does not throw an exception when
called at an inappropriate    Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
                 time
[TAPESTRY-126]   Nullpointer in AbstractEngine / very large uplaod
                         Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-131]   NullPointerException when initialising page property
                         Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[Tapestry-136]?  Relative private-asset throws exception
                         Framework       Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-141]   ConcurrentModificationException displaying exception
page                       Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-158]   differentiating between hidden fields by semantics to
make Tapestry more secure Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-162]   weird debug info when running example
                         Examples        Bug             Invalid
[TAPESTRY-169]   Synchronization problem exists for the engine within a
session                  Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-171]   contrib:Table booleans are not sortable - but indicates
they are                Contrib         Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-172]   PopupLink encodes href parameter
                         Contrib         Bug             Cannot Reproduce
[TAPESTRY-173]   The datepicker control fails inside a div tag with
absolute positioning (via    Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
                 css) t
[TAPESTRY-174]   'page' JSP tag throws NPE when page accessed via
multipart form submission      Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-178]   possible memory leak when disable-caching is true
                         Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-183]   array of custom objects as 'in' parameter fails
                         Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-193]   Exception for assets without an extension
                         Framework       Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-194]   ClassLoader problem with JBoss 3.2.5
                         Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-221]   TableFormPages component does <not> use pagesClass
property                     Contrib         Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-225]   IUploadFile throws assertion exception when it
shouldn't                        Framework       Bug             Cannot
Reproduce
[TAPESTRY-241]   Converter property of contrib:FormTable does not work
                         Contrib         Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-296]   Configurable location of Table component's page
navigation links                Contrib         Improvement     Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-299]   image, script and skin files missing
                         Documentation   Bug             Invalid
[TAPESTRY-318]   "value" shouldn't be a reserved parameter in textfield
component                Framework       Wish            Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-346]   Memory leak then resetting pages.
                         Framework       Bug             Won't Fix
[TAPESTRY-347]   Memory leak then resetting pages.
                         Framework       Bug             Duplicate
[TAPESTRY-348]   Memory leak then resetting pages.
                         Framework       Bug             Duplicate
[TAPESTRY-422]   ExternalService.getLink javadoc needs to inform that
the returned URL is        Documentation   Improvement     Fixed
[TAPESTRY-431]   TemplateParser silently discards tag attributes if
there are duplicates         Framework       Bug             Duplicate
[TAPESTRY-806]   (T3 only) Multithreading problems possibly due to
double-checked locking        Framework       Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-814]   maven pom not up to date
                         Build           Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-877]   The 3.0 Branch won't build due to javassist download
problem                    Build           Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-878]   Tutorial2 source won't compile
                         Examples        Bug             Fixed

  Reported in 3.X - Fixed in 4.X
[TAPESTRY-54]    vlib mckoi-service.xml does not work with JBoss 3.2.1
                         Examples        Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-56]    misinterpreted component-type specification-path in
application specification   Framework       Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-125]   Upload w/o any file causes ClassCastException in Opera
                         Framework       Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-127]   UploadPart / getFileName() doesn't work cross-platform
                         Framework       Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-137]   NumberValidator's error messages are localized, but
parsing/formatting is not   Framework       Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-153]   custom action in case of client side ValidField
validation errors               Framework       Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-170]   contrib:TableColumns renders sortable column headers
centered                   Contrib         Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-192]   DatePicker doesn't pass W3C validation
                         Contrib         Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-212]   DatePicker produces "Security Information" dialog in IE
on secure connection    Contrib         Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-303]   SimpleTableColumnComponent produces invalid XHTML
                         Contrib         Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-587]   Dutch validation strings
                         Framework       Improvement     Fixed
[TAPESTRY-702]   Use of statics in contrib:Table causes problems for
multiple WARs in an EAR     Contrib         Bug             Fixed
[TAPESTRY-453]   Script component should allow the script to be
specified as an asset, rather    Framework       Improvement     Fixed
                 than a (string) path

Re: 3.0.4 Release Status

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
>   Keep bringing 'em up. I'd rather face an onslaught of "Like I said
> before - THIS ONE" than miss something. Not sure if they can be
> 'un-resolved' (re-opened, yes... but unresolved - as duplicate? I
> dunno), but if it affects 3.X and the fix works for 3.X we need to get
> it in there. (hopefully for 3.0.4 - not controlling that timetable, tho'
> - - just trying to help out)

Thanks. Perhaps re-open, and mark as affects 3.03? The fix definitely
works, as otherwise I would have heard from users of my AnySubmit and
LinkSubmitOrSpan components on Tassel, which implement the same fix.
(They total 500 downloads - whatever that means.)

>   Side note: Please (noting that you reported it) put a version in the
> "Affects Version/s" line when you report issues. I searched for
> anything/everything Affecting or Fixed in 3.X to compile my list.

Beginner's mistake, sorry. First JIRA report & I was unable to edit it.

Cheers,
Nick.

Re: 3.0.4 Release Status

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Re: 3.0.4 Release Status

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
Brian,

I'll bring up this one-liner again:

Here's a 3.X fix which was closed as duplicate, but only fixed in T4.
One line fix provided (corrected in the 2nd comment) but no patch file sorry.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-339

Cheers,
Nick.

Re: 3.0.4 Release Status

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.

Lol - not really as bad/good as it looks - quite a few "Won't Fix",
"Duplicate", and "Invalid" - I think the last check I had was 9 Fixed.
Like I said - not really as bad/good. :-/ Last check I had on the
status.xml only had Geoff's fix in there for 3.0.4 - maybe an old one?

Nick reported that an issue he submitted was marked a duplicate and
resolved in 4.X. The original issue is
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-339 and appears to be
valid from Howard's comment on the 'other' (fixed in 4.X) issue.
Thoughts on getting that into 3.0.4 as well? (Anxious to get 3.0.4 out
and getting those "opened in 3.X, fixed in 4.X" fixed for 3.0.5 (hoping
:-) )

Brian

Re: 3.0.4 Release Status

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.