Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Ashish Dutt <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 04:51:29 UTC

DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid win32 application on invoking pyspark

Hi,

I get the error, "DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid win32 application"
whenever I invoke pyspark. Attached is the screenshot of the same.
Is there any way I can get rid of it. Still being new to PySpark and have
had,  a not so pleasant experience so far most probably because I am on a
windows environment.
Therefore, I am afraid that this error might cause me trouble as I continue
my journey exploring pyspark.
I have already check SO and this user list but there are no posts for the
same.

My environment is python version 2.7, OS- Windows 7, Spark- ver 1.3.0
Appreciate your help.

Sincerely,
Ashish Dutt