Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.net> on 2002/02/15 02:00:19 UTC

Serious Problem / Bug with XIndice RC1

On developing my Xindice browser I detect a problem since switching from
dbXml to Xindice RC1:

When I delete the db directory, and start Xindice: the database is
built. Then I can create some collections (via command line tool) and
add some documents (also command line).

then I everything works fine. but after restarting the server (correct
shutdown):

the command to list all documents of a collection gives an exception,
namely:

 >xindice ld -c /db/test
ERROR : Index Corrupted

if the collection is empty. this occurs using the java api as well as
using the command line tools. if the collection is not empty, there is
no problem.

this is not really good!

also restarting the server makes no difference. the only way is to
delete the DB directory again, and start from the beginning. this works
then as long as no server restart occurs...

any ideas?

thank you

alex

Re: Serious Problem / Bug with XIndice RC1

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Thursday, February 14, 2002, at 06:00 PM, Alexander Schatten wrote:
> this is not really good!
> any ideas?

I've identified the error.  I'll check in a fix within five minutes.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Architect - XQRL (XQuery Engine) - http://www.xqrl.com