Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by pbt123 <pr...@in.ibm.com> on 2012/06/21 20:08:42 UTC

OpenJPA enhancer or load-time weaver was not run..

Hello Team,

There a strange situation while running my web application on WAS 6.1

The problem is : on local runtime WAS 6.1 (BASE 6.1.0.37 cf371109.05)
"OpenJPA Enhancement is working at runtime"  but on WAS6.1 (ND 6.1.0.19
cf190836.04)  on AIX , runtime Enhancement is not working.

Same WAR is working fine on WAS 6.1 (BASE 6.1.0.37 cf371109.05) WindowsXP
but not working on WAS6.1 (ND 6.1.0.19 cf190836.04)  on AIX.

error message:  Could not locate metadata for the class using alias
"UserHasRole". This could mean that the OpenJPA enhancer or load-time weaver
was not run on the type whose alias is "UserHasRole". Registered alias
mappings: "{UserHasRole=null}"

Thanks in advance.

Re: OpenJPA enhancer or load-time weaver was not run..

Posted by Rick Curtis <cu...@gmail.com>.
6.1.0.19 is much, much older than 6.1.0.37. Perhaps a bug was fixed between
these two releases? Why are you moving to such an old release?

Thanks,
Rick

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM, pbt123 <pr...@in.ibm.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reply.
>
> I am using OpenJPA 2.1.1
>
> No sublinks are working on the link
> "http://mojo.codehaus.org/openjpa-maven-plugin/#enhance-mojo.html" which
> you
> shared.
>
> I have already used OpenJPA plugin for "Enhances bytecode of persistent
> entities as you compile" but faces some other issue. It looks, build time
> enhance did not work.
>
> The main concern is: why the same WAR file is working fine on
> WAS6.1.0.37(on
> local runtime WAS) and not working on WAS6.1.0.19 (on AIX) .... both have
> EJB3 fixpack.
>
> Please help. This is blocker for us to move our application on server.

*Rick Curtis*

Re: OpenJPA enhancer or load-time weaver was not run..

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!

You can use OpenJPAs openjpa-maven-plugin for doing build-time enhancement.
As I think WAS-6.1 comes with a OpenJPA version prior to 2.2.0, you would need to use the 'old' plugin we hacked and hosted on codehaus:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/openjpa-maven-plugin/

From openjpa-2.2.0 on this is not provided as part of OpenJPA itself.
We finally need to improve the docs for it, but here is a sample about it's usage:
https://github.com/struberg/lightweightEE/blob/master/backend-api/pom.xml

LieGrue,
strub