Posted to api@directory.apache.org by "Myrtil, Benson" <bm...@charterschoolsusa.com> on 2015/06/12 02:16:21 UTC

Issue Constructing DN via ColdFusion

I am attempting to create a searchScope within ColdFusion. Everything sets fine except the org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Dn. When I attempt to construct the class with an array of RDNs I get the following error: ColdFusion found 2 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.

Any clue why this is? My best guess is it is confusing the RDN… constructor with the String… constructor. Not really sure how to get around this.
__________________________
Benson Myrtil
Sr. Product Manager
Charter Schools USA
1-855-227-3712 x 1346
954-573-4614 cell
bmyrtil@charterschoolusa.com<ma...@charterschoolusa.com>
benson@csusait.net
www.charterschoolsusa.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information contained in this transmission is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error and then delete it. Thank you.

Fwd: Issue Constructing DN via ColdFusion

Posted by "Myrtil, Benson" <bm...@charterschoolsusa.com>.

Re: Issue Constructing DN via ColdFusion

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 12/06/15 02:16, Myrtil, Benson a écrit :
> I am attempting to create a searchScope within ColdFusion. Everything sets fine except the org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Dn. When I attempt to construct the class with an array of RDNs I get the following error: ColdFusion found 2 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.
>
> Any clue why this is? My best guess is it is confusing the RDN… constructor with the String… constructor. Not really sure how to get around this.

No idea. I suspect ColdFusion is using reflection to find the right
method, but does it the wrong way.

Not an API issue. Check with Coldfusion support.