Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Slim Bouguerra <bs...@apache.org> on 2018/04/18 00:56:48 UTC

Tranquility Future

Hi Devs,
am not sure if i have missed the discussion but am wondering what is the
Future of Tranquility after moving out Druid of Druid-io?
Will tranquility stay under https://github.com/druid-io/tranquility/ ?
in the future is this Repo https://github.com/druid-io/tranquility/
manageable by the Druid community or not anymore?
Any thought about the future of Tranquility ?

Thanks !

Re: Tranquility Future

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
Is anyone interested in doing the work to migrate it to Apache? If so, I
think we should definitely do that.

In general I have been more interested in contributing to the Kafka
indexing service lately since it has nicer properties (exactly once, no
extra processes, can read late data). But Tranquility is still valuable
from a user perspective when best-effort is ok and when you don't have a
Kafka server. So I hesitate to get rid of it completely. But of course - to
actually migrate it to Apache, someone will have to step up and do the work.