Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 17:27:45 UTC

Pinging?

Hello,

What is the best way to go about "pinging" Brokers from either producer or
consumer side.  I see a few *Stats* objects in producer and consumer
package, but I'm wondering if there is something more ping-like?

Thanks,
Otis

Re: Pinging?

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Kafka does not have a simple ping command that clients can use. I see that
such a command is useful comparable to the "ruok" command that zookeeper
provides. This is also useful for scripting up a simple Kafka healthcheck.
Currently, the only option is to use one of the non produce/consume
commands like TopicMetadataRequest or OffsetRequest.

HTH,
Neha