Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "John G. Norman" <jo...@7fff.com> on 2007/05/09 18:45:34 UTC

Release notes don't mention change in class name for generated stubs

I notice that codegen'd client stubs in 1.2 now have names like

    UserServiceUserServiceSOAP12Port_httpStub

rather than

    UserServiceStub

I suppose I can live with the name change, though it did, er, break my
build script -- but the fact that this change is not mentioned in the
release notes is inexcusable.

If the changes are buried in JIRA, you might provide a link in the
release notes that would pull up the changes for the particular
packages or tools.

Re: Release notes don't mention change in class name for generated stubs

Posted by "John G. Norman" <jo...@7fff.com>.
Thanks, guys.

In my case, I can't strip out the binding because I'm using the POJO service.

John

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Dennis ,

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by "John G. Norman" <jo...@7fff.com>.
Amila,

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
I really sorry for your inconvenience. Anyway we discussed this in user and
developer lists.
Earlier Axis2 generated the code only for one port. But now it generates the
code for all the ports
So if you want to generate the code only for one binding please specify them
with the
-sn <servicename> -pn <portname> attributes.

On 5/9/07, John G. Norman <jo...@7fff.com> wrote:

> I notice that codegen'd client stubs in 1.2 now have names like
>
>     UserServiceUserServiceSOAP12Port_httpStub
>
> rather than
>
>     UserServiceStub
>
> I suppose I can live with the name change, though it did, er, break my
> build script -- but the fact that this change is not mentioned in the
> release notes is inexcusable.
>
> If the changes are buried in JIRA, you might provide a link in the
> release notes that would pull up the changes for the particular
> packages or tools.

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.