Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Moisey <mo...@mail.sprint.com> on 2001/10/25 14:51:25 UTC

general/9076: Settings

>Number:         9076
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Settings
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Guys ! you are doing an excellent job. I'm using you Jakarta project in everyday development, and I'd like to ask you or may by to make an offer.
Why is so complicated to  setup up Apache with simple start.
I could not set  RH 7.1  Apache  to work with  user directories like http://localhost/~user/
I've user Apache survivor guide, Red Had 7.1 Manual and help two of my coworkers how spent last 3-5 yeas   development software for Linux, I've tried to use /usr/share/apacheconf. This did not help.
I'm sure you product is OK. I know that this is a problem with my expertise. But I'm a professional software developer, and if I need to spend  more then 1 hour to set a simplest Apache configuration, this tell me that something wrong is in that picture.
So

 Do you have or you planing to make a nice tool  ( I'd like to see it web based) .

If not I'd like to offer my help to make one

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
see description
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]