Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ho...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/06/19 17:33:31 UTC

[VOTE] Geronimo 1.1, DayTrader 1.1 and Specs 1.1 Final-2 Vote

Here are the latest binaries built from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/branches/1.1.0,
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/1_1 and
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/branches/1.1.0.

I believe this will start a new vote for this binary.  All issues that I'm aware of have been
addressed that needed to be for this release.  RELEASE-NOTES-1.1.txt were updated with issues that
will be addressed in 1.1.1.

*Previous Votes are invalidated...please re-vote*

The console has been updated to reflect issues related to bad links.

Consensus appears to favor defering the LICENSE issue in the console to 1.1.1 as the correct LICENSE
and NOTICES files are included in the builds.

DayTrader sources are included with updated README to instruct the user how to build and install
DayTrader on Geronimo.

Please cast your votes and remember that only PMC member votes are binding.  However, I am confident
that commiter votes will help to inform the PMC of the quality of this release candidate.

Thanks to all that have been checking this out.  John Sisson especially has been burning the
midnight oil and finding the remaining issues that have helped to improve the quality of this release.

*Geronimo 1.1 Version*

    *Source*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final-2_src.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final-2_src.zip

    *Full J2EE Jetty Version*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final-2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1-final-2.zip

    *Minimal Jetty Version*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final-2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1-final-2.zip

    *Full Tomcat Version*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final-2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1-final-2.zip

    *Minimal Tomcat Version*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final-2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1-final-2.zip

    *Geronimo 1.1 Spec Jars*
      *Source*
       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs_src-1.1-final-2.tar.gz
       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs_src-1.1-final-2.zip
      *Binaries*
       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs-1.1-final-2.tar.gz
       http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/org.apache.geronimo.specs-1.1-final-2.zip

*DayTrader 1.1 Version*
   *Source*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader_src-1.1-final-2.tar.gz
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader_src-1.1-final-2.zip
   *Ear*
      http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader-ear-1.1-final-2.ear
      Note: to build Geronimo the above ear needs to be placed into your repo as
            $MAVEN_HOME/repository/geronimo/ears/daytrader-ear-1.1.ear

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 1.1, DayTrader 1.1 and Specs 1.1 Final-2 Vote

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
sounds good to me,.

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.
+1

John

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1
--kevan

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

John Sisson wrote:
> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>> The corrections applied due to license files are first in this list.
>> Thanks to John for dogging this.
>>
>> The distributions and builds were not affected.  Based on previous
>> feedback the vote continues. Thanks for your feedback.
>>

>> *Geronimo 1.1 Version*
>>    *Source*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final-2.1_src.tar.gz
>>

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/geronimo-1.1-final-2.1_src.zip
>>

>> John noted that the source zip had a META-INF.  I've created a script
>> to use in the future because with so many changes forgetting to use
>> zip and typing jar is not acceptable. Also, note that the build itself
>> has the LICENSE and NOTICES in two different places.  The are located
>> in modules/scripts/src/main/resources/ which put the right files in
>> the distributions however they werenot correctly specified for source
>> as the LICENSE and NOTICES are part of the source tree. After this
>> release we need to address this issue so as to avoid manual problems
>> like this.
> Thanks for creating the script, it will be helpful to others who may
> build releases in the future.
>>
>>    *DayTrader 1.1 Version*
>>      *Source*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader_src-1.1-final-2.1.tar.gz
>>

>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader_src-1.1-final-2.1.zip
>>

>> Corrected LICENSE and NOTICES files.   Use zip rather than jar to
>> create zip.
>>
>>      *Ear*
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1-final2/daytrader-ear-1.1-final-2.1.ear
>>

>> Corrected LICENSE and NOTICE files in ear.
>>
>> John, whats the correct command to set the properties?  Or, would you
>> like to address these?
>>
> FYI.. The svn propset command is used to set the properties.  If you
> need to set properties on a single existing file, look at the commands
> for the appropriate file extension that are used in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/gbuild/trunk/svnpropset.sh
>
> I noticed there are a few files in daytrader without the correct
> properties (e.g. pom.xml and README.jboss).  I can fix this up after the
> release is out if you like, but I will have to do it to the DT trunk and
> branches so there aren't problems merging changes.   What are the  plans
> for the m2standard branch in Daytrader?

If you wouldn't mind that would be most helpful.  Thanks.

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 1.1, DayTrader 1.1 and Specs 1.1 Final-2 Vote

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
+1

Gianny

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
+1 now the alterations suggested by John have been completed.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
+1

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
+1