Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rynam0 <ry...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 21:25:40 UTC

Help with custom file filtering requested

Hello...
  I am hoping someone may point me in the right direction in regards to how
to approach writing a custom filter operation for a custom plugin.  I am
currently filtering resources using the war and resources plugins  but I am
faced with a situation where i need to do some very specific
encryption/encoding of passwords in addition to filtering plain text
properties in a separate resource file.  I'm familiar with the ant-style
filtering that uses the @variable.name@ syntax but I assume there is some
reusable strategy that Maven developers prefer when replacing variables of
the form ${variable.name}?  Any help in this regard would be MUCH
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-Ryan

Re: Help with custom file filtering requested

Posted by rynam0 <ry...@gmail.com>.

Well I think the maven-filtering jar may be what i'm looking for.  Ill give
that a go.  Thanks folks.