Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Paladugu, Suresh" <su...@logicacmg.com> on 2006/02/09 10:39:05 UTC

cron problems,while running my indexer for searching.

Hi all,

Iam using Solprovider's patch for search in unix.I have put  the shell script,index-default.sh in the cron and sheduled it to  one minute,it is not running.
But if i run the shell script directly it is running fine,and it is not producing the indexes as well  for searching.

Could any one please help me, where the problem lies.

Suresh...

Re: cron problems,while running my indexer for searching.

Posted by Oliver Schalch <ol...@wyona.com>.
Hi Paladugu,

Paladugu, Suresh schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Iam using Solprovider's patch for search in unix.I have put  the shell script,index-default.sh in the cron and sheduled it to  one minute,it is not running.

Is your entry in the crontab correct?
*/1 * * * * sh /path/to/index-default.sh
Thats to run it all minutes.

I dont know the shell script but you could add

>> /path/to/log 2>&1 to see what happens or check the cron's log and provide me/us with some more
information about your cronjob configuration. Probably it is just a path issue and the script doesent run correct.

Greetings,
Oliver

--
Oliver Schalch                           oliver.schalch@wyona.com