Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2001/01/19 20:52:27 UTC

[FIX] ??? build.bat for windows 2000

Gentleman,

Did anyone check out my build.bat which I mailed earlier to ant-dev. The
build.bat doesn't work on win2000 (at least not on mine), because it treats
value=value in the environment as 2 seperate cmd line parameters. I just
adjusted it "lightly" and cannot test the jikes stuff in build.bat, but I
can clean up the echoing if necessary.
Also don't know if this build.bat works with other win versions. (don't have
them available here..)

Mvgr,
Martin

RE: [FIX] ??? build.bat for windows 2000

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com>.
It works for me though ;-)) I don't enter to much parameters, I must add.
But the current build.bat is pretty useless (it doesn't work at all) on win
2000 (at least when using cmd, didn't test this with command though.  The
problem is that build.bat itself passes some blah=blah parameters to ant.bat
which doesn't get passed in very well. If I do a build jars the parameter
will become ant (classpath) jars= and it runs great ;-))
I'll look into it if I can get it more "usefull" for everyone else (at least
if thats interesting enough. Preferably most of the stuff should be taken
care of in the build.xml  (if not all the stuff).
I'll see if I can fix it...

Mvgr,
Martin

> Did anyone check out my build.bat which I mailed earlier to ant-dev. The
> build.bat doesn't work on win2000 (at least not on mine), because it
treats
> value=value in the environment as 2 seperate cmd line parameters. I just
> adjusted it "lightly" and cannot test the jikes stuff in build.bat, but I
> can clean up the echoing if necessary.
> Also don't know if this build.bat works with other win versions. (don't
have
> them available here..)

I think your change doesn't even "work" on W2K either (depends on how you
define "work").

If I call it like this (I know -foo and -bar are not valid args, replace
them by what you like)
D:\temp>ant -verbose -foo -bar
I get:
command line :  -verbose=-foo
and this is simply wrong!

Windows is fucking bad with these things and the only solution I can think
of that works for all Versions W95++ is to call it like 'ant.bat
"-Dproperty=value" ...'.

Nico

Re: [FIX] ??? build.bat for windows 2000

Posted by Nico Seessle <Ni...@epost.de>.