Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Glyn Normington <gl...@apache.org> on 2009/05/19 13:22:11 UTC

Felix Commons page links

The Felix Commons page ([1]) refers to Eclipse Orbit.

Would it be helpful to add a link to the Enterprise Bundle Repository
([2]) hosted by SpringSource and which contains getting on for 1000
bundles? Many of those bundles have an Apache license and may be
useful to the Felix community.

Note that the bundles in the EBR are general purpose and in not
biassed towards SpringSource products.

Glyn Normington
SpringSource dm Server team

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-commons.html
[2] http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/

Re: Felix Commons page links

Posted by Filippo Diotalevi <fi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> Yes, it would probably make sense, but in reality Felix Commons is probably
> obsolete now because of such efforts and it has certainly lost its
> leadership. We probably need to decide whether we just scrap it...
>
> Time for some Spring cleaning, perhaps. Looks like we will nuke osgi core
> and compendium, what about commons?

With the huge amount of bundles available in the Spring Enterprise
Repository I don't see any reason to keep the Felix Commons. Is there
anybody using it?

--
Filippo Diotalevi

Re: Felix Commons page links

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Yes, it would probably make sense, but in reality Felix Commons is
probably obsolete now because of such efforts and it has certainly lost
its leadership. We probably need to decide whether we just scrap it...

Time for some Spring cleaning, perhaps. Looks like we will nuke osgi
core and compendium, what about commons?

-> richard