Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Upendra Sharma <up...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/23 04:57:03 UTC

Http server + Tomcat

Hi,

I am newbie to HTTP-server and tomcat installation and setup and thus requesting help in setting up a multi-tier web-server for my experimentation.

The setup I want to do is as follows:
1.) one dedicated machine for http-server
2.) another machine for tomcat server

I wanted to know which http server version to download and install and how to setup so that it calls the applications installed in the tomcat server.

I have read that mod_jk module was used previously but am not sure if it is still required for the newer versions of http-server; if yes, then where to download it from.

I have downloaded and compiled tomcat-5.5.25 (the latest version was giving me compilation problem).

Thanks,
-upendra

Post ads for free - to sell, rent or even buy.www.yello.in