Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Zoe Ta <dn...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/20 08:08:59 UTC

too many connections openned...

Hi guru

When using the axis2 stub generated by wsdl2java, do I need to remember to close the connection after calling the stub function?

Example:
Stub function:
     searchResponse = oneStub.searchForNumber(...)
     // try to call close here?

-- generated stub ---
in searchForNumber() {
    _operationClient.execute(true);
   // process response
}

While I run 6 copy of the clients, I found there are so many connection hanging in the client as well as server:

Server
   1 CLOSING
   1 LISTEN
  23 ESTABLISHED
  24 TIME_WAIT
  41 SYN_RCVD
 100 FIN_WAIT_2
 482 FIN_WAIT_1

Client
 (15080 is the server port)
$netstat |awk '/15080/ {print $4}' |sort |uniq -c |sort -n
      4 FIN_WAIT_2
      6 SYN_SENT
    397 CLOSE_WAIT
    928 TIME_WAIT
   1372 ESTABLISHED

All client time out at the end:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Com
monsHTTPTransportSender.java:221)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:452)
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisO
peration.java:330)
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAx
isOperation.java:294)

Thank in
 advanced!

Regards
Rex

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: too many connections openned...

Posted by Pushkar Bodas <pu...@gs.com>.
Hi Deepal,

I was using Axis2 1.2 and there, in the client, using
stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setProperty(....) did not work the
same way as adding a _serviceClient.getOptions().setProperty(...) to the
stub. Should it work or there is a problem in whatever I am trying to write?

Have you tried using it?....Please tell me a correct way of writing it in
the client.

Thanks and regards,
Pushkar

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.