Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sebastien Cesbron <sc...@ifrance.com> on 2001/02/20 19:03:31 UTC

Iterate a ResultSet and page it

Hi,

There was a thread in december about iterating a ResultSet like a
Collection and I would like to know if somebody (maybe Ted ;-) can give
me some design tricks to do this.

My main goal is to retrieve lists of items into a DB and to present them
in a JSP page (with a pager mode). The problems are :
1 - ResultSets are tied with Connection
2 - ResultSets can't be handled like Collection.

I am thinking in using a Facade bean that give to the JSP just the items
that can be viewed in one page as a small Collection hiding the data
container (a Collection or a ResultSet) : is it a good way of doing ?

It does not solve the problem of Connection usage : if I keep my
ResultSet in memory I use one connection of the pool : it sounds bad for
me, isn't it ?

Thanks for your help

Seb