Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jacob Bergoo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/09 17:03:45 UTC

Job Offer in Miami: 1 Java/Tapestry Developer, 1 Web Designer

Hi all,
sorry to spam the list with this Job Offer but I figure that it could be of
interest to know that we are looking to expand our (Tapestry) Development
Team here in Miami Lakes. We are currently 3 Java/Tapestry Developers, 2
DBA, 1 Web Designer, 2 Sys. Admin and 2 Support Guys. We are working on
rebuilding a old JSP 1-tier based system into a 3-tier System working with
some of the latest Open Source frameworks (Tapestry 4.0.2, Tacos 4.0.1,
Spring 2.0.2, Acegi 1.0.3, Hibernate 3.1, etc.). A couple of weeks ago we
rolled out our first release of the first module that building our clients
Web Sites (+320) and allowing our Compliance Department to Approve/Reject
changes to the clients Web Sites.
The positions are on site here in Miami and applicants must be allowed to
work in the U.S. (sorry, but this a must).

Java/Tapestry Developer:
Location: Miami Lakes, Florida, United States

Investacorp Inc., a leading, privately owned broker-dealer firm, seeks to
hire a System Developer to join our MIS team.  This person will be
responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Java based
applications.  The Java/Tapestry Developer will participate in the full
development life cycle from gathering requirements to implementation and
maintenance.

Technical Skill Requirements:

    * 3 or more years of experience in Information Technology.
    * Strong programming skills in Java.  Preferably with experience with
some of the following:  JSP’s, servlets, Spring, Hibernate 3, Tapestry
4.0.2/ Tapestry 4.1.X, and Ant.
    * Relational databases (preferably Oracle) and SQL.  Preferably with
experience in PL/SQL.
    * Web technologies including HTML, Javascript, and CSS.
    * Experience with JBoss application server or Jetty Web Server.
    * Understanding of Linux, Unix, and NT environments.
    * Ajax/Tacos a plus.

Other Skill Requirements:

    * Ability to analyze complex business problems and implement solutions
with a minimum of direction.
    * Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
    * Experience with both unit testing and integrated system testing.

This job requires a commitment to excellence and the ability to function in
a small team-oriented environment.

Graphic/Web Designer
We are looking for a Graphics Designer / WEB Developer to design ads and
catalogues.  The right candidate will also be responsible for building and
maintaining the company's web sites, prepare sales material, and fulfill
other graphics and Internet requirements.  Proficiencies in graphics
software and basic web development technologies are required

Requirements

    * Familiar with web design working with Photoshop, Illustrator,
Dreamweaver, HTML, Flash, CSS2
    * Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
    * Working knowledge of Flash, Interworld and Open Source a plus.
    * Detail oriented, team player with a good sense of design.

College students and recent graduates welcome. We offer an attractive
compensation package including salary and bonus, a comprehensive benefits
package including 401(k) and pension plans.

No third party agencies, Principals only.

Apply to Investacorp:
rana@investacorp.com
jbergoo@investacorp.com