Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Thomas Börkel <tb...@ap-ag.com> on 2001/11/30 16:46:12 UTC

Axis features

HI!

I just found out about Axis, looked at the Axis web pages (including the
FAQ) and I'm thrilled! :-)

Now, before I dig deeper into it, I have the following questions:

Is JAXP OK for Axis or does it need some specific XML parser?

Could I use Axis with my own web server or does it depend on Apache for
SOAP over HTTP?

I would need the possibility to feed SOAP XML (which I get via my web
server) into Axis and get information on what method to call from Axis,
do the call and then let Axis construct the response after the call
which my web server then would send back. Or maybe even Axis will do the
actual call for me?

I also would need to get a WSDL description from a certain class (or
method array, because I do not want static methods to be visible) on the
fly.

Can Axis do that for me?

Thanks!

Regards,